Saturday, February 7, 2009

When It's Good...It's Good!

Yesterday was one of those days that come a long once in a while where everything seems to go right.

I started my day with the GRE's and I am happy to say that after my first failed attempt, I have actually moved up to average! I'm not proud of my scores, but at least now I can say that I may have a chance at Grad School. I'm not sure how I could do better than last time, I didn't study for them because quite frankly where do I have time to do that? I just basically got a good night sleep and that was it. It was so much less stressful taking them the second time! Seriously, what was the worst that could happen?!

I spent the afternoon on the couch doing some reading and hanging out with the puppy, oh and figuring out the new DVR. It's nice to not feel like you have to be doing something school related when you are home, just to have a minute to yourself to relax and hang out. There is a good deal of stress related to balancing full time work and full time school and having any type of a life outside the two. Any time that I can just sit and not worry about what I need to be doing is huge deal!

Then for dinner we went and had italian and the lady (who normally isn't so pleasant) was really nice to us! We ordered pizza and got some peanut butter pie to go which was SOOOO good!

Oh and the day before I came up with an idea for a paper which may turn into a thesis. VERY exciting!! YEAH FOR ME!

3 comments:

Ray said...

Isn't it so great to relax after a great accomplishment? It sounds like a wonderful day!

EP said...

I'm so excited that you got to relax a little after the GRE. That's always the best!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the GRE - glad you have decided on a potential thesis!