Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Living Proof That One Can Screw Up Royally and STILL Recover!

My undergraduate college experience was pretty much a first class party scene. I stayed up late and ignored the whole learning thing. In fact, there were classes I may have only hit once and then there were the classes I liked, the ones I hit once a month. Somehow I ended up graduating and at the time never expected to want to go back to college. But, somehow things change and I found myself wanting to go back to school and figuring that it would be a long hard road to get in.

So, my plan was to take some classes as a non degree student and see how it went. So I took 2 classes last semester and I'm taking another 2 this semester. I took the GRE's and bombed the first time after a horrible experience with a global meltdown, then took them again the beginning of this month.

Then Wednesday came. It was a great day, work went well and I met with another professor about my second life project. It was a great meeting and I got a ton of information. I was really happy. Then I called home.

Me: I'm leaving right now (45 minutes later than expected)
Matt: Ok...there is a message on the machine from Nate (the graduate coordinator at the school)
Me: really?
Matt: Yeah, do you want to know what he said
Me: Ya
Matt: You got in!!

And that is how I found out that I was accepted into Graduate School!

6 comments:

Bayjb said...

That is great news! congrats

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

That's awesome, congrats!

Anonymous said...

hard work pays off! that's great! congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! :)

EP said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you!

Anonymous said...

Aw! Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures!