Friday, October 3, 2008

Ideas Needed...PLEASE!!



Okay all you creative people, I need your help! As some of you may know, we will soon have a new bride here in HR and I am planning the bridal shower. So, my question to everyone, How do you have a bridal shower for a girl that has no feminine bone in her body??

Here are my thoughts:

Harley Davidson themed shower. I don't know what I can get for decorations...we'll see

It will be a pot luck

I'm collecting money for a group gift and/or gift cards

Yeah, that is pretty much all I've got right now. I am in desperate need of some suggestions and thoughts about the whole thing!! Keeping in mind that this will be a work party and I have less than a week to plan it!

7 comments:

[F]oxymoron said...

You could play football, field hockey, or soccer with a bunch of strippers as the "opposing team"; A "water boy" could be handing out booze on the side lines...

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the shoes, I love both pair.
As for the shower ... what is her wedding going to be like? Does she have a theme for it? I'd say take your cues from there. Just because she isn't girly doesn't mean she may not want just a few girly things at her bridal shower. What bride doesn't want to feel like a princess ... even if they don't KNOW they want to feel that way?
Emily

Sara said...

Foxy - This is going to be a work bridal shower and since I work in HR strippers and booze are a no go...HOWEVER, that may work very well as a separate event!

Emily - The wedding is going to be very small and will take place in a field across the street from her house with a breakfast at the fire station where she volunteers (it's going to be like a hunters breakfast. I am determined to make her have some girly aspect to the party...if only to embarrass her as much as she did me at my shower!

Anonymous said...

Why can't it be kind of casual, just like a sit down and chat party vs. something with a bunch of games or activities?

If you want more of a girly thing you could hire someone to give massages or perhaps some other kind of spa treatment thin

Princess Pointful said...

Uh... something sporty? Like bowling/mini golfing? Yeah... I got nothing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with foxymoron! Those are some cool ideas! ;) BUT you say no alcohol so ummm....

Just a small get together with a few outrageous gifts?

Jenniflower said...

I got here too late, sorry! What did you do in the end and how did it go?